Non-profit organizations do a lot of good, and more and more are forming every day. They are a great way of doing charity and making a positive impact on the community. If you have an idea to do charity in your community, a nonprofit tax-exempt organization may be the right fit for you. To form a nonprofit, the following steps are necessary:
- Draft and Submit Articles of Incorporation
- Apply for and Receive Federal Employer Identification Number
- Draft Bylaws of Organization
- Hold Organizational Meeting
- Apply for Federal Tax Exempt Status
- Apply for Indiana Sales Tax Exempt Status
These are some of the steps necessary to form a nonprofit and receive its tax exempt status. In later posts, we will delve into the details of each step. Stay tuned.